Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hops+Crafts tap room & growlers

I had the opportunity to visit this place while traveling to Nashville, TN. I was on business and bored in my hotel so I figured I would find a beer bar. This is exactly what I found. Big on beer. Featuring over 50 beers, all primarily local.  They had 3 stouts so I decided to try them all.  I will get into those later.

First I want to talk about the service, which in a word, GREAT. The bartender came from around the counter to show me the beer menu and gave me the breakdown of where they all were from. This struck me as pretty cool. They were busy, but not so much and yet he took the time to do this.

The decor of the place is metro/industrial. Makes you feel like man....... but a cool man.

I was hungry..........  sausage pizza on wheat. Smelled great.....  tasted great.

Now for the beers:
1.  Good People- Coffee Oatmeal Stout-  Good beer. Didn't feel heavy. No yeast aftertaste and I think I tasted a little oatmeal.  I will have another.
2.  French Broad- Anvil Porter - This French broad must have been a dirty where. YUCK!!!!!!
3.  Left Hand- Milk Stout- Pretty good. Nothing special about this one. Tasted like a standard local brew.

No pictures of the tap because I couldn't sit at the bar. But the bartender was nice enough to hand write and place them in the proper order.

All in all I look forward to coming back and completing the list.  


Ended the night with a Sprecher Hard Root Beer. My goodness. This smelled and tasted just like real root beer...... but at 5%  this packed a PUNCH. Definitely good beer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment