Tuesday, May 7, 2013

St. Charles Porter

Blackstone Brewery's St. Charles Porter intrigued me when I saw it on the shelf.  I knew that I was pleased with the taste of the Blackstone A.P.A., so I thought that I'd give this one a go as well.  I can say that I was not as satisfied with the taste of this one as I was with the A.P.A. (Those of you wondering American Pale Ale).  This beer comes in dark and smoky with a big twinge of yeasty bitterness to it.  I don't like very bitter dark beers, and the good folks at the Microbrewery in Nashville, TN seem to have missed me on that part.  Now, that's the front end of the beer.  The back end is actually very pleasant.  A very good aftertaste and it doesn't leave the thick feeling in your mouth after each drink.  It doesn't have you begging for a glass of water to wash this stuff down with!

This dark ale is the brother of Blackstone's A.P.A., Chaser Pale, and Nut Brown Ale.  The brewery is located in Nashville, TN.  Looks like it is a restaurant/brewery.....maybe I'll have to drive up the road to confirm for sure.

Purchased at the local grocery store.
5 of 10 on taste scale
About 4.2% alcohol (guess)
Brewed by Blackstone Brewery Nashville, TN

No comments:

Post a Comment