Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Kirin's Ichiban

The slogan of this Japanese brew is that it is "Brewed for Good Times".  Coming in with 100% malt, that can mean, have a few and have good times tonight.............. Then "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH my head!" in the morning.  Now, the flavor of this one is rather interesting.  You can certainly tell that this is 100% malt, but it doesn't taste bad.  Doesn't put you in the mind of an American Malt.  Think more of an American light beer.

Now, I don't know if it was the dinner that I had just before this beer, or if it was the beer itself, but man there was a lot of burping after drinking this!  I'm going to blame it on the dinner (chicken, peas, rice, and spinach could do that to you!).  

This is one that I can say I had.......... Having it again...... probably not.


Brewery is Kirin, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.  American brewery located in Torrance, CA, a partnership with Anheuser-Bush, Inc.

Purchased at a beer specialty store
4.49% alcohol.
5 of 10 on Taste
Tastes like a combination of 70% Budweiser, 30% Bud Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment